Summer is just around the corner, so now is the time to start thinking about creating that outdoor space you have always dreamed of.
And the perfect outdoor space starts with beautiful, quality flooring. At UB Hardwoods in Plymouth, we offer a variety of flooring options for you to choose from to create the perfect patio for outdoor parties or low-key nights relaxing outside. Not only that, but renovating your outdoor space is a great way to increase your property value and extend your livable space.
Here are some of the best materials you can choose from for your patio or outdoor space:
Tile is durable and comes in an endless number of sizes, shapes, and colors. There are two types of tile. They are:
● Porcelain tile | These tiles are incredibly dense, making them perfect for an outdoor project. This type of tile comes in tons of different sizes, shapes, colors, finishes, and textures to give your outdoor patio a unique look that matches your style.
● Ceramic tile | This tile can be used for flooring, backsplashes, and countertops, and comes in a range of sizes, shapes, colors and finishes. However, ceramic tile is probably not the best choice to hold up to Minnesota’s harsh winters.
Spoiler alert: Most of the “stone” flooring you have seen on Instagram or at other people’s homes is actual tile, showing just how versatile tile is.
Stone flooring provides a natural look that is super durable, perfect for updating your outdoor patio. There are various stone flooring options to choose from:
● Slate | Slate is typically used indoors, but it is waterproof so it can be used in various outdoor spaces, too, such as pool decks, porches, and driveways.
● Stone mosaic | This is a great option if you are looking for a natural look that adds charm and character to your outdoor space.
● Marble | Talk about classy. Marble flooring is a great option if you are looking for a classic look on your outdoor patio. It is a great option for porches, sidewalks and pool decks.
● Granite | It is the strongest natural material you can buy, and it comes in a variety of colors and patterns. Granite flooring is resistant to moisture and does not fade, but it can be really cold in the winter.
The Options are Endless
With tile and stone flooring, the options are endless. Different tiles and stones can be used to define certain areas of your outdoor space, such as to divide the barbecue area from the sitting area, or to define the pool deck from the lounging area. Both flooring options can also be used to create walkways from your driveway to the front door or to improve the walkability in your backyard.
Contact us Today!
If you are itching to install or renovate your yard or other outdoor spaces, tile and stone are perfect options. With a seemingly endless array of options, UB Hardwoods in Plymouth is here to help. Stop by our showroom or contact us today at 763-807-4500 to discuss the best flooring options for your outdoor project.
Contact Us for More Information